We are pleased to announce that The Dartmoor Collective will be curating an exhibition at Poltimore House, Exeter, over August bank holiday weekend (26-28th August 2022).
Open call for expressions of interest
We are looking for expressions of interest from any visual artists whose work focuses on Dartmoor. There is no theme for the exhibition, other than Dartmoor, but we would prefer artists to develop their own themes and therefore request that artists must be able to submit a minimum of three pieces for exhibition. There is no maximum number of submissions (subject to space), nor is there any fee for submission.
We are interested in considering all 2D visual art forms, from both professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
Poltimore House is a Grade II listed Tudor building on the northern edge of Exeter. It is in the process of restoration so is a unique, eclectic and wonderful space in which to exhibit and, we believe, will provide a beautiful backdrop for artists’ works.
Dates and times
The exhibition opens with a preview evening on Friday 26th August. It’s then open to the public on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th August, from 10am-4pm.
Terms and conditions
- Expressions of interest can only be be accepted via the form below.
- The closing date for receipt of submissions is 5pm on Friday 10th June.
- Three example artworks must be uploaded (you can exhibit more than this, subject to space). They do not have to be the actual pieces you will exhibit, but they should be representative of the quality, style and theme of the work you intend to exhibit.
- We will inform you if your submission is successful or not by Monday 20th June.
- You must be able to arrange transportation of your artworks to Poltimore House on Friday 26th August and collection of any unsold pieces on Sunday 28th August by 5pm.
- Artworks must be prepared to exhibition quality (this will vary depending on your medium, for example mounted, printed on archival paper, optionally framed, etc).
- You must provide details of the size of your artworks in the ‘Details’ field below. This is to enable us to calculate the space required and how to arrange the exhibition.
- The Dartmoor Collective will take a 20% commission on all sales, of which half will go to the Poltimore House Trust.
Sorry, submissions for this zine are now closed.